Simply Paranoid a écrit : > Hello fellow paranoids! Hi,
> I've spent ~a good hour on the site trying to find answers for 2 simple > yet important questions regarding insecure mode: > 1. Can my ISP know what am I downloading/uploading to FreeNet? No, he can't. This is clearly mentionned in the French documentation. Maybe the official site should clear that point too. > 2. Can the nodes I download/upload from (Read: NSA in disguise) see what > I'm doing? > Of course, we assume they don't use correlation attacks or any other > ridiculous & unlikely methods. IF we assume they don't use sophisticated attacks, they can't either. But I'm not sure it's a good idea to assume they don't try... The Darknet connection mode is here to avoid that particular risk. > I believe the answer to the second question is "yes until 0.8", though > I'm not sure. The first question, however, is essentially unmentioned at > all, at least directly*. If both the ISP and connecting nodes can read > the content, then I find very little difference between FN and say, > Limewire! And that wouldn't have been worth the years of work ;) > Anyway it would be nice to see this info on the site in order to compare > between FreeNet and similar projects like I2P. I second that. Regards,
signature.asc
Description: OpenPGP digital signature
_______________________________________________ Support mailing list [email protected] http://news.gmane.org/gmane.network.freenet.support Unsubscribe at http://emu.freenetproject.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/support Or mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
