On Tuesday 29 April 2008 16:36, Julien Cornuwel wrote:
> Matthew Toseland a écrit :
> > On Tuesday 29 April 2008 11:56, Julien Cornuwel wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I'm sure a lot of users are interested about that. I've got 128KB/s
> >> upload and Freenet limited to 40. Freenet runs on a dedicated computer
> >> so resources consumption is not an issue. For normal operations, I've
> >> got no problems. But when it comes to online gaming, weird things 
happen :
> > 
> > 1 megabit upload?
> 
> Yep. 14 down, 1 up.

What's the fastest download speed you've seen? That's a seriously asymmetric 
connection...
> 
> >> Other players see my ping as normal (a bit high but nothing I should
> >> worry about) but I've got lags and sometimes, I completely loose the
> >> connection. The game freezes, other players yell at me, I stop Freenet
> >> and everything's back to normal.
> > 
> > :|
> > 
> > This would be easier if we had a rabbit icon.
> 
> Not for me (the node is on another box), but maybe for others.

Sure, again I'm optimising the common case. :)
> 
> >> For now, the only solution is to stop the node each time I want to play.
> >> Not a good thing for the network. I can try to reduce Freenet's bandwith
> >> even more, but I don't think it will help much.
> >>
> >> Any thoughts ?
> > 
> > The current bandwidth limiting code is not completely accurate. It only 
> > throttles data packets: not resends, not normal messages.
> 
> And you think it could create such long spikes ? Last time I forgot to
> stop it, my account had been silent for almost a minute until I stop the
> node...

Hmmm, one minute is over the top, I accept that ... long lived spikes can be 
caused by resending a lot of data to a peer (usually opennet) which has 
serious MTU problems... I dunno what else...

Attachment: pgpqYW62PbWeP.pgp
Description: PGP signature

_______________________________________________
Support mailing list
[email protected]
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.network.freenet.support
Unsubscribe at http://emu.freenetproject.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/support
Or mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to