On Tuesday 06 May 2008 21:24, Jim Cook wrote:
> At 09:18 AM 5/6/2008, Matthew Toseland wrote:
> 
> >* PGP Signed by an unknown key
> >
> >On Tuesday 06 May 2008 02:49, Jim Cook wrote:
> > > Tor's FAQ notes ...
> > >
> > > "Tor and Freenet work on different levels: Tor is about transport,
> > > and Freenet is about storage/retrieval. So it would make perfect
> > > sense (assuming we become happy with the scalability and
> > > decentralization properties) to use Tor to get anonymous transport
> > > between Freenet nodes."
> > >
> > > That sounds cool.  But is it feasible, given that Freenet uses UDP
> > > and Tor uses TCP?  I've read on Freenet's website the possible ways
> > > to anonymize internode connections, and saw no mention of Tor.
> >
> >It would be hideously expensive. ...
> 
> Do you mean that it'd overtax Tor servers or Freenet nodes, or both?

I mean it would be very slow.
> 
> >... Also I was under the impression that Tor
> >doesn't recommend you use p2p apps over Tor (e.g. bittorrent), in fact that
> >they regard it as a denial of service attack? Has this policy changed?
> 
> No, it hasn't (notwithstanding the comment re Freenet that I quoted).

Attachment: pgp0WDyidQzOK.pgp
Description: PGP signature

_______________________________________________
Support mailing list
[email protected]
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.network.freenet.support
Unsubscribe at http://emu.freenetproject.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/support
Or mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to