Thanks! :-)
On Wednesday 20 August 2008 13.15.39 Volodya wrote:
> bqz69 wrote:
> > Anybody know how to install freemail - I have downloaded
> > Freemail-0.1-11.jar but get no *.jar file.
> >
> > Instead I get a zip file, and when I decompress it, I get no *.jar file,
> > but 4 directories without any *.jar file?
> >
> > I am not a programmer, so please do not answer too short - thanks?
>
> q;-)
>
> When people say '*.jar file' what they mean is a file with any name which
> ends with '.jar', so Freemain-0.1-11.jar is a *.jar file. You shouldn't
> decompress it, but keep it as it is.
>
> A better way of installing Freemail is to go to
> http://localhost:8888/plugins/ and select 'Freemail' from the 'Load
> Official plugin:' drop-down menu there. Note: If somebody is monitoring
> your connection they will know that you have gotten Freemail, as the
> download happens from the normal web. They will *not* know what you do with
> the Freemail after you downloaded it, though.
This did not work.

Instead I inserted in "Add an Unofficial Plugin":
"/home/user1/downloads/freenet/freemail_/MfeZlMXJZja-FfLA6Yyqf~e8HdH5r3-WsxGtUxUOdyE"
 -
and then I clicked the "Load" button - and that worked.

> Once it downloads you should see 'Visit' button next to Freemail plugin,
> you need to click it and follow the instructions.
I then went to the "visit" page, but I did not insert anything in the "Domain"
line as I do not know what to insert?

I have done setup according to the Freemail Setup page, and everything looks
ok, but I cannot send a mail to myself?
- it says "not a freemail address"?
Status says that I am connected to 127.0.0.1  and looks as it is trying to
send (small moving box).
It also says "Verify that your SMTP server settings is correct"?
Any clues of what I am missing (it is quite difficult for a newbie to find
out, as the documentation is missing the small important parts - I find)

> For more help about Freemail and other Freenet applications you might want
> to visit
> http://localhost:8888/freenet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>9M,9T20t3xoG-dQfMO94LGOl9AxRTkaz~TykFY-voqaTQI,AQACAAE/FAFS/23/ (not
> maintained by me).
Did not work, but I have the Freemail site already from
the "http://127.0.0.1:8888/"; page.