On Friday 12 September 2008 17:03, Andrew Surzhenko wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm a developer from Ukraine.
> I have to create small Freenet client (file sharing only), but it seems that
it is problem to find Freenet protocol specification.
> Can you tell me, is it closed protocol, or where can I find this
specification if it's possible...?
> Waiting for any news from you.

It is not a closed protocol, but it is continually evolving and not well
documented. I don't believe that rewriting Freenet in C (or assembler for
that matter) would dramatically improve performance, and a pure client will
probably not be well integrated into the network i.e. be slow. Your best bet
is probably to work on Freenet itself and then build a nice filesharing GUI
(which can be proprietary if you need it to be), and bundle Freenet with it.