Freenet 0.7 build 1193 is now available. Please upgrade. Changes:
- Significant changes to the old-opennet-peers mechanism, should make
reconnecting after downtime much quicker, nodes should get back to where they
were on the network more quickly even after long downtimes. This will only
really be testable after Tuesday when 1193 is mandatory. We now keep 25
old-opennet-peers, which had been useful to us (i.e. weren't dropped from the
bottom of the LRU by either us or the other peer, just disconnected when the
node went down etc). We constantly try to reconnect to them for up to a
month.
- Various other opennet tweaks and bugfixes, some may be significant: we were
making far too few connection offers on nodes receiving a lot of
un-decodeable or old-opennet-peer packets, and also fixes to going over the
20 peers limit.
- Some connectivity fixes, for nodes with multiple IP addresses (e.g. if
connecting to local/LAN IPs is enabled), and sending packets when we had
decided not to send packets.
- Public gateway mode: If enabled, users who are allowed to access fproxy but
don't have full access to the node cannot access the global queue and cannot
fetch files over 2MB.
- Minor fixes to fproxy.

Credits:
ian
esr
sdiz
toad

Meanwhile, sdiz has been doing a lot of work on XMLSpider, which now uses db4o
to reduce memory usage, although it is not yet able to resume across
restarts. And p0s has the Freetalk plugin actually loadable and testable,
with one message successfully posted; see the wot list for more info. Ian and
esr have done some work on the website.