-----BEGIN TYPE III ANONYMOUS MESSAGE-----
Message-type: plaintext

In  Matthew Toseland <t...@amphibian.dyndns.org> wrote:

> users
>> >
>> > ^^ That is one more reason for the suggestion of a separate UI that I
>> > made on freenet.uservoice.com.
>
> This is now largely accepted in the development team as a long-term goal.
> saces is working on something like this based on wxWindows. However, a
> dedicated browser/client (somewhere in between probably, e.g. there is no
> point in converting all the config pages to tabbed dialogs) would likely be a
> significant amount of work and require a significant amount of maintenance.
> So it's not a priority for 0.8.0.

I hope that as Freenet moves to this new UI, somewhere in the days 0.8+++, that
plain old browser support is not discontinued.  There's plenty of us who know
how
to be secure with a browser and don't mind doing things like using a separate
profile for the purpose with tighter settings.

I think there's a lot of use who prefer to stay with that functionality rather
than a shiny new whiz-bang UI.

-----END TYPE III ANONYMOUS MESSAGE-----