On Wednesday 06 January 2010 22:00:19 Pat & Eve wrote:
> Freenet Starter was unable to control the Freenet system
>
> Reason: Service did not respond to signal
>
> Tried reinstalling, rebooted, and did a manual update but no joy.
>
> I am running XP professional with PC Tools Firewall Plus
>
> any help would be appreciated,

This is unfortunately a well known bug, but it is difficult for us to fix as we
cannot easily reproduce it on a developer's system: It goes away when we try to
fix it. However, the recent installers have a change that might have fixed this
in some cases. Please uninstall Freenet, then get the most recent Windows
installer from the website, and try again. If that doesn't work please let us
know. We may be able to give you a new installer that will work - and it'd be
enormously valuable if you could test it. Also if it doesn't work please send
us your wrapper.log (in the folder freenet is installed to). Thanks!