On Saturday 13 March 2010 13:26:48 Cyrille Bonnard wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> It installed successfully but I can't connect to freenet. When I try to start
> the Freenet Service from the system tray, I have the following error message:
> Freenet starter was unable to control the freenet system service.
> Reason: system did not respond to signal
> I don't think that the problem is my firewall because if I shut it down, it
> still doesn't work.
> My computer is working under a modified version of Windows Xp.
>
> If you need more information, please let me know.
>
> Thanks
>
> Cyrille B.

Hi. Unfortunately this is a known bug in the Windows installer. We only have
one Windows developer willing to work on installers, and he is unable to
reproduce the bug himself. I have CC'ed him, hopefully he can help you to find
out what the problem is. If all else fails try the Linux/Mac installer from the
website.