I am running XP SP3 and installed Freenet software from your Download page. It appeared to install without problems, however, will not start and gives the error message:

Freenet Starter was unable to control the Freenet system service
Reason: Service did not respond to signal

I have uninstalled and re-installed several times without curing this problem

Installing on a different (secondary) computer also running XP SP3 the start-up works without any problems.

Can you tell me what is going wrong on my primary machine ?

Regards
Peter Mahoney
pe...@collectinghouse.co.uk