On Tue, 7 Sep 2010 10:10:07 -0400, Uriel Carrasquilla wrote:
> I have my web hosting service with ssh access.  I installed Java 1.6
> and made sure that the "java" command is picked up before the default
> java (openJDK) using $PATH. I had the service open port 8888 and I
> can now access via the browser at home the freenet screen after I
> made changes to freenet.ini to allow for remote access. However, it
> is not working.  It is not able to connect to anybody. I suspect the
> problem is that I have to open other ports but don't know which
> ones.  Is it the one for FCP?  Are there any other ports to be
> opened? Instead of trying to find one by one, how can I tell all of
> the ports that need to be opened.  Does anybody know?

So, 8888 is the default port for the http/browser interface.

You also need to open the main data udp port(s) (for opennet/darknet.
darknet refers to personal freenet friends, if you have any. if you
dont, you're not using darknet.) Each node sets these at random. You
can find which ones your node uses by accessing http://localhost:8888/
under Status > Internet connection.

FCP is a separate pipe used by freenet client programs, like Thaw /
FMS / Frost / etc. If you run these programs remotely (not on your
freenet node's machine, you'll also have to forward that port, which is
9481 by default.