On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 9:12 PM, artur <frost.ar...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> how much (extra) bandwidth is needed for a seed node?
>
> My connection has a static IP and my Server is up 24/7 without any
> forced 24h disconnects...
>
> But I can't spend all the bandwidth for freenet. That’s why I would like
> to know how much extra traffic is generated through being a seednode.
>

> artur

Well, the bandwidth would just be taken from uploads Freenet would
otherwise be doing, so entirely up to you what you set it to.  Note -
unless you are inserting a lot of files into Freenet you won't notice
the bandwidth being diverted to seednode activity.  I would suggest a
node with at least 50KiB (.4 Mbps) upload setting.  However, the more
seednodes there are the less traffic each individual seednode has to
handle.