Le 13/02/11 00:09, Fritz Franklin a écrit :
Sorry, the version I downloaded was Freenet 0.7.5 for Mac.

Fritz

--- On Sat, 2/12/11, Fritz Franklin <hope2havemore...@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Fritz Franklin <hope2havemore...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Login with Mac
To: support@freenetproject.org
Date: Saturday, February 12, 2011, 10:56 PM

Hello,

I downloaded Freenet 0.7 for Mac, registered as a new user and so forth. Then I exited Foxfire. When I wanted to login and open Freenet again, I couldn't figure out how. All I could find was the download page, but the software is already downloaded. The Rabbit Tray icon doesn't do anything when I click on it, and I don't see another way to open Freenet. Could you please advise me how to login/open Freenet on my Mac computer? Thank you.

Fritz

Hi,
first of all, to start Freenet, you can use Terminal (very simple) :

1) cd[space]and the path to the freenet folder… for exemple, my freenet is on a sparseimage disc called perso (made with disk utility and PW protected),
so, I type :

cd /Volumes/Perso/Freenet
An easy way to write the correct path is, after having written "cd+space", is to slide the Freenet folder's icon on terminal, so the path is automatically written.

2) press the "next line key"

3) type : ./run.sh start

4) press the next line key.

Normally, and with the little rabbit icon, it is even more simple:

Of course, here, Freenet runs already, and so, one can only stop it, but when it is stopped, you have the choice to 'start Freenet'.
That little icon, by the way should automatically go onto that menu bar when one clicks on it from the application folder (doesn't go in the dock !).

A little advice still, if you are using normally Firefox, use another browser for Freenet ONLY, for instance Opera, that is very similar and just as secure.
You can even locate it together with Freenet if you decided to use a protected disc image… so you can keep bookmarks safe

Sorry, the message came back saying it was to big, so I reduced the pict and hope it passes now