Le 23/05/11 20:11, Daxter a écrit :
On May 23, 2011, at 9:39 AM, Benjie wrote:
Hello!

My freenet doesn't work anymore.
I suppose it' because I'm still on Java 1.5, but since I'm on Os 10.4, I can't upgrade, even with openjdk6. What can I do?

What do you mean it doesn't work anymore? Was it working and then it self-updated and stopped working, or did you recently reinstall it and you found that this new install doesn't work?

AFAIK Freenet still runs on Java 1.5, though there has been a lot of talk of upgrading to 1.6 it hasn't happened yet. Even if it has been upgraded, previous conversations on this mailing list hinted that you can install Java 1.6 on OS X 10.4.

Either way though, I strongly suggest you upgrade your OS to 10.5. By upgrading you have more up-to-date software and less security vulnerabilities, and I know from personal experience that (any computer I've tested) that was capable of running 10.4 is also able to run 10.5.

and I know from personal experience that (any computer I've tested) that was capable of running 10.4 is also able to run 10.5.
Well, but it depends of the speed of the processor : Leopard needs a minimum of 800 Ghz, and some old PPC G4 are running, very well by the way, but only with 732 Ghz...