On May 31, 2011, at 6:11 PM, Matthew Toseland wrote:
> On Sunday 29 May 2011 00:02:45 Daxter wrote:
>>>
>>> Have a look in your freenet.ini file and see if it references the original
>>> location at all. If so, try changing the references to point to the new
>>> folder.
>>>
>>> I'm not a Mac person so I don't know whether there may be other factors
>>> (such
>>> as the OS somehow "remembering" the original path as the program's working
>>> directory or something) but this would seem to be the most likely cause of
>>> the
>>> behaviour you see.
>>>
>>> Hope this helps,
>>> Stephen
>>
>> Thanks for the tip. I'll manually modify these and see if my node then works
>> properly.
>>
>> Unless there's some weird security issue requiring absolute path references,
>> why aren't we looking for these files in the current directory?
>
> Check wrapper.conf.
>
> If it's not that then it might be some mac-specific startup/launch script.

Turns out Stephen was right, the issue was the freenet.ini file. The list below
holds all of the settings that specify a directory. As you can see, all but
ssl.sslKeyStore and node.install.storeDir specify full paths from the root
directory. Why is this? From my understanding they all should refer to the
local directory (for portability) or there should be a single one that sets the
absolute path for all the code to inherit. Why do some refer to the local
directory, but most refer to the absolute directory?

ssl.sslKeyStore=datastore/certs
node.masterKeyFile=/Applications/Freenet/master.keys
node.downloadsDir=/Applications/Freenet/downloads
node.install.userDir=/Applications/Freenet
node.install.tempDir=/Applications/Freenet/temp-43346
node.install.pluginDir=/Applications/Freenet/plugins
node.install.persistentTempDir=/Applications/Freenet/persistent-temp-43346
node.install.cfgDir=/Applications/Freenet
node.install.runDir=/Applications/Freenet
node.install.nodeDir=/Applications/Freenet
node.install.storeDir=datastore