Hello, I wish you could help me with some problems I am facing with my
Freenet node. I have looked all over the FAQs and googling, but get no right
answers. Please excuse me, I am not a native English speaker.

The main problem I am facing is that after accidentally uninstalling
freenet, and then installing it again, Freenet fails to connect. If I try to
start freenet, I will get "Firefox failed to connect to 127.0.0.1:8888. Then
after 8-10 seconds, freenet stops running.
I am guessing this is a problem caused by the port used by Freenet before
and after installing it, but I could be wrong, since I am not an expert.
Please, could you guide me in how to change the ports Freenet connects to,
or guide me to a solution for my porblems?

I appreciate your time in reading this, I know you have other stuff to
attend to. I really wish you could reply to my message, it would be very
kind of you.

Thanks a lot, a former Freenet user wanting to use this amazing service
again.