Le 08/01/2014 06:05, Steve Dougherty a écrit :
On 01/07/2014 12:53 AM, Brooks Russell wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to install freenet on my Mac (OS 10.5.8).
Java Web Start is telling me
"the field <icon>href has an invalid value: freenet-icon.gif"
and is unable to start the installer. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks
A fix will probably have to wait until I can get my hands on a Mac to
test it, but I'm sorry it's not working. What version of Java do you have?

You can download the installer directly instead of using Java Web Start.
See the download instructions for Linux. [0] If you'd rather not use the
terminal you can save the link to a file with a .jar extension, and then
there might be a way to run it with Java by clicking it or checking the
context menu.

- Steve

[0] https://freenetproject.org/download.html

Maybe your problem is of compatibility with your Mac version been rather old… Mac Leopard 10.5.8 was a very excellent system 10 years ago, but may not support the more recent appsor even java updates… After Leopard, You had Snow leopard 10.6, Lion 10.7, Mountain Lion 10.8, and now, Mavericks 10.9. If your hardware doesn't support these, I think you'll have to chose an older version of freenet (they all work fine on any of those systems since I've been using them years ago. I've just finished to install the latest Freenet from the link given above, and it worked fine… of course I had to go to the System preferences to unblock the install of an unknown app. (Apple security)… there is also a shortkey but I forgot it. Anyway you've got to give your admin PW.

Good luck