I'm not exactly a web development expert :-)

Here's one idea if you have the time: on the "About" and every other
page you can get to from the About menu, show all the places under the
About menu somewhere, for example on a side panel to the left.

I sort of expected to be able to click "News" from the "About" page
because it was under that menu, so I've probably seen websites in the
past that follow this rule.

James