Hi Dave,

On Mon, 2015-08-10 at 20:51 -0500, Dave Larsen wrote:
> I don't know how to get Linux I tried all day today every site I
> tried to dl something from says windows cannot open this file type or
> there is no file type that is supported something like that tried
> direct downloads everything the same didn't work

I cannot tell from your messages if you have managed to install Linux
or not so i will reply both ways.
Ok I would recommend doing some research on installing and using Linux
before you try anything else. An example: https://www.linux.com/learn/t
utorials/784060-the-complete-beginners-guide-to-linux. It is not
something you can download and run from windows( with the exception of
wubi). Normal installation is to download an image, burn/copy to a usb
stick/cd/dvd and boot your computer with that.
** This can result in wiping *EVERYTHING ON YOUR HARD DRIVE***
so think twice before doing ;-)

>           Sorry i don't know how to start a new msg

To start a new topic you want to hit 'new' or 'compose' in your email
client and use the 'To' address : support@freenetproject.org
When you reply to an email you are joining your mail to the existing
thread.

>  but I changed os to Linux but I really don't know what I'm doing, I
> would like to put freenet on my external hdd but it doesn't give me
> the option that I understand,  says something about choosing the
> directory, not what disk or drive to put it on I had it on once but
> it I believe was on my internal hdd  what can/do I do please help new
> to Linux but figuring it out  slowly thank you

In Linux everything is a file there is no c: or d: drives.
Normally your first or internal drive is called sda in the 'devices'
folder, and your partitions are the number after the drive. so
/dev/sda1 'should' be the first partition on your internal drive
/dev/sdb or /dev/sdc are 'might' be your external drive - google will
help you there too.

> The effort of learning Linux will be worth it.

This is true, but its a very steep learning curve.

Good luck
Dean.