Hello:

I am on an iMac 10.11.1, using firefox. I have paid the registration fee and
downloaded and opened everything I can find, followed all the download
instructions re: java freenet and tried hard (to the best of my limited
knowledge) to get into the freenet but have no success.

When I click on the bunny, Start Freenet, nothing happens. If I click on the
bunny and ask it to open the web interface I get the following message:

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 127.0.0.1:8888.

I’m totally lost, or perhaps stymied is a better term. Totally. Tell you what;
you help me get inside and I’ll make a donation!