On Tuesday, January 26, 2016 07:04:14 PM yeh matthew wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One of my friends and I exchange node references with us, but we still
> see "Never Connected" on both sides.  I do not know why?
>
> We use the same version of Freenet (Freenet 0.7.5 Build #1470 build01470)

The most likely solutions are:

- Did you *both* add each other's node reference? It isn't enough if only one
adds the reference of the other.

- In case you're using routers / firewalls: Did at least one of you open the
Freenet Darknet UDP port in your router / firewall? It can be found here:
http://localhost:8888/connectivity/
It says "Darknet FNP". You can also open the "Opennet FNP" port for better
connectivity to strangers.

- Did you configure the security level "Protection against a stranger
attacking you over the Internet" to NORMAL or LOW? If it is HIGH or MAXIMUM
instead, it will only connect to friends, not to strangers. If you don't have
static IP addresses, this means it could be impossible for Freenet to discover
the IP address of your single friend, as it requires at least one connection
to the main network to do so.
The network security level can be seen here:
http://localhost:8888/seclevels/
So you might want to decrease it to NORMAL or LOW.

Sorry for the long delay to answer, we've run out of funds and thus are
currently only staffed with volunteers. We're running a fundraiser to fix
that: https://freenetproject.org/

Greetings