LUCAS PERCY <luperman at ...> writes:

> Hello, i wrote from Cartagena de Indias, COLOMBIA
>
> I need your valuable help with this issue, i have tried to install a lot of
> times the freenet from "freenet-java-webinstall", but at the end of the
> installation there is a message "couldnt find main class, program exit".

Lucas has replied to me saying my suggestions fixed this, they're replicated
below for the benefit of anyone in the same situation that finds this thread via
google.

"- Uninstall your current half-installed freenet **SAVING YOUR SEEDNODES.REF
SOMEWHERE** if you have one
- Upgrade to the latest java from www.java.com
- Get the normal webinstaller instead
(http://freenetproject.org/snapshots/freenet-webinstall.exe)
- Copy your saved seednodes into the same dir as the
webinstaller, install
(...)
The webinstaller downloads freenet a file at a time,
so hopefully you won't run into the stupid sourceforge
throttling problem we have right now. The exception is
seednodes.ref which is a big file, hence why you save
your existing copy in the above steps."

I've tried this since and can report that a full install can be done via the
normal webinstaller, however sourceforge throttling did manage to stall the
download of freenet.jar so I had to cancel then retry it when prompted.

Also the installer appears to hang after you OK the initial NodeConfig run. It's
actually still doing things like making shortcuts and the uninstaller, and if
you leave it for a minute or two it eventually finishes, but it looks a lot like
it's hung. In the past I have assumed this and end-tasked it. Someone should try
to put some sort of feedback in there really.

Bob