Kurtis Stalnaker wrote:

"ok, at first I thought that I was just doing something stupid. Becuase when I
open up the gateway, I try clicking on the freesite links so I can figure out
what the heck this thing does, and I always get a page that says "

"Network error"

Freenet is a complex thing to get working, and everything has to be just right
for it to run properly.  Remember, it is still in test mode, and while the the
old, frozen network using build 5106 continues to run, the developers and alpha
testers have moved on the next major release.

Matthew's advice that you have to let it learn the network and build up its
routing tables is true, but your description sounds like you don't have any
conections at all.   If your Freenet datastore is empty, this is most likely
the case, because as soon as you start it up the datastore starts filling,
although very slowly at first.

Since the usual firewall/proxy problems are ruled out,  you should look at the
two other usual problems:

1.  Obsolete or corrupted seednodes file.
2.  Your build is too old to join the network.  You should have 5106.

I haven't run it for myself some time, but I do read all the list messages and
the factors Matthew and I have mentioned account for most of the problems new
users encounter.

BTW, I'll probably rejoin fairly soon, if I can dig up a suitable
machine--right now everything is in use.  I'm  curious to see how .7 will run.