Am Samstag, 7. Januar 2006 19:56 schrieb danilo salieri:
> Dear Freenet supporters,
> after a crash my Freenet (on Win XP SP2) doesn't start anymore but
> keeps telling 'Freenet is starting...please wait'. I tried reinstalling
> it (saving the datastore) and reseeding but nothing happens, it seems I
> can't reach any nodes nor I can't get recognized. Any help would be
> much appreciated. This is the log message:
> ava.io.EOFException
>       at
> freenet.support.io.ReadInputStream.readUTFChar(ReadInputStream.java:223
>) at
> freenet.support.io.ReadInputStream.readToEOF(ReadInputStream.java:134)
> at
> freenet.support.io.CommentedReadInputStream.readToEOF(CommentedReadInpu
>tStream.java:45) at
> freenet.support.io.ReadInputStream.readToEOF(ReadInputStream.java:184)
> at freenet.FieldSet.privParse(FieldSet.java:521)
>       at freenet.FieldSet.parseFields(FieldSet.java:454)
>       at freenet.FieldSet.parseFields(FieldSet.java:390)
>       at freenet.FieldSet.<init>(FieldSet.java:83)
>       at freenet.node.Main.loadNodeFile(Main.java:2950)
>       at freenet.node.Main.main(Main.java:515)
> Thanks in advance

your problem is a corrupted node file.
remove the file named "node" in the freenet install directory, and freenet
creates a new one on restart. sadly your old established connections
break and your node has to re-integrate. but, it will work again.
and the experience of your node is not at zero, because your node has
still the old routing information.

good byte