Hi,

First post after an attempt to get freenet running.
Excuse my bad English, not my first language.
Please feel free to ask if something isn't explained sufficiently.

So what seems to be the trouble...
Using windows XP, NO sp2, java 1.5
Running latest freenet version, setup rigt. Could connect and 'browse' some
pages. Came across this Frost utility, setup rigt, could connect and update
boards. So far, so good.

Using standard config, with exception for logging. Put this from normal to one
step higher (not debug mode).

 Though frost seems to be getting its boards updated, I couldn't acces it
anymore after activating the update function. While trying to update all boards
with frost, frost seems to 'freeze'. Cannot acces/ shutdown the prog throughout
the program itself. Had to 'hardkill'  the program using ctrl-alt-del. This
beacuse I just wanted to try some of the options, not running it for a long
time. Let frost update an hour orso. After that I would end the program
normally. Didn't work, as I mentioned.
Next try I figured that frost might be needing a real long time, so let it be
for about ten hours. The real problem lies after the passing time. It seemed
that a REAL high perecentage of harddisk space was used, more than 20Gb. Not
prepared for such a high amount, it had given an error saying it couldn't write
anymore to the disk. True, while it was now full!
I killed frost running, killed freenet and the diskspace was back again.
Next, I wanted to try freenet somemore, and was surprised it would take more
and more diskspace... climaxing to another large amount of diskspace.
Figuring this would cause eventually another error (not enough hd space) I
killed freenet again.

What causes the usage of this huge amount harddisk-space?
Is it frost, freenet or both?
How could one prevent this? Is it the log file which is taking this large
amount? I mean, that's a lot of logging in a relatively small time imho.

Please help.

Regards,
Sky