If I was to be identified, could my IP address with a service provider match
that with an IP address in .07?.

----- Original Message ----
From: Anonymous <bigappleremai...@bigapple.yi.org>
To: gemma_h at eircom.net
Cc: support at freenetproject.org
Sent: Friday, 7 July, 2006 10:05:17 PM
Subject: Re: [freenet-support] (No subject)

You wrote:

> I am interested to know is free net so secure that a person cannot be
> tracked by their IP address or email address?

Freenet is indeed very secure.  The most any attacker or snoop can
determine is that you are running a freenet node and even that is less
likely than ever with 0.7

As long as you use sensible, basic precautions to secure your machine
and do not insert material that contains clues to your identity then it
is absolutely not possible to determine WHAT you are inserting.

Check out Frost, it's message boards are forever full of people ranting
on about pedophiles and child porn.  While CP posters are vile, they do
server a function in freenet as much as many would like not to admit it.

The fact that CP can be posted so freely in freenet means that it is
secure enough and anonymous enough to protect even vile people's
identity.

BTW- you don't have to support or approve of CP to be involved in
freenet, and your involvment says nothing about your stance on CP.  If
you don't like it, then don't support it by requesting any CP files or
sites.  The fewer people who request something, the more likely it'll
drop out of freenet.