The main reason is that if we directed users to 0.5 then we would have
to maintain 0.5, and we don't have the manpower to do that. As far as
content goes my suspicion - confirmed by many on Frost and IRC - is that
the lack of content is largely due to bugs which are in the process of
being worked out (e.g. lack of insert resuming). It's also feedback; if
there is no content then people are less likely to put content on. The
way to break the cycle is to fix the bugs, and that's what I've been
doing. As far as opennet goes, as I have said, the network is not ready
for opennet.

Matthew J Toseland - toad at amphibian.dyndns.org