Hi all,

> Try reinstalling. There is a new installer that may not have this
> problem. [..]

It works now: Freenet 0.7 Build #779 r9029. Thanks a lot.

At FProxy Homepage I see the following text: "No peers found [..]".

I don't know how to get Freenet up and running from this point. I didn't
find information to get my own key. Besides that, I never used IRC
(well... I tried it ones, but got disappointed. It's not like ICQ or
MSN).

1. Where could I find more information about getting Fred to do some
work?

The older version (0.5) just connected to nodes. I didn't have to
add/share keys.

2. Where could I find my own key?

I found some help in the FAQ. But it doesn't work on my version.

3. Is there somebody who trusts me and likes to share his or hers key?

4. Is there an easy way to work with IRC? I found xchat and irssi for
Linux.

It looks like I have to:

a. connect to a server (irc.freenode.net),
b. then join a channel (#freenet-refs)
c. and after that I could chat (using some commands)? Right?

Is it something like that? I appreciate your help!

Bouke