Hello.  Can I ask a question on the new Freenet?

I understand that version 0.7 is supposed to have two parts, an open network
and a "darknet" and that at the moment only the "darknet" part is working
and that to connect to it I have to get somebody else's node reference and
add it to my node whilst the other person does the same with my reference.
OK so far.

1. When I do this process and connect to a few nodes, are those the only
nodes to which I will ever connect, or does the act of joining the network
through those nodes then allow my node to learn about and connect to other
nodes whose references I don't explicitly add myself?

2. If/when the open net appears, will it be completely separate from the
darknet or will being in the darknet automatically join my node to the open
network?

Thank you in advance for any answers you can give.

Kevin.
All semiconductors work using smoke. Once you let the smoke out of them they
stop working.