On Wednesday, June 6, 2007, at 12:03  am, Juiceman wrote:

> I'm not sure about this, but from the log it appears to be a problem
> with SHA-256.
>
> Looking at http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/security/  It
> seems that SHA-256 might not have been added until version 1.4.2
>
> You may just need to update your Java.  BTW 1.4.1 has a security issue
> and minimum 1.4.2 is recommended.

Oh. The only info I found on the Java minimum version was

>  Java version 1.4.1 and later will work. However, be aware that there
> are applet security vulnerabilities in all versions prior to Java 1.5
> update 4. Generally, we recommend using Java 1.5.

which is here <http://freenetproject.org/download.html> but that was
under the "Unix, and Linux" heading so probably specifically for those
OSs.

Right, so it seems to be my version of Java isn't up to it. OK thanks.
I think Java 1.4.1 is the latest version for OS X 10.2.8 so I suppose
I'll have to try a later version of OS X to get a later version of
Java. Pretty sure somewhere said OS X 10.2.8 was OK for Freenet 0.7. Oh
well.

Thanks.