Freenet 0.7 build 1040 is now available. This will be mandatory at midnight
GMT on Friday. Please upgrade! (You may find it helpful to enable
auto-upgrade on your node configuration, under node.updater)! Please tell us
if the updater isn't working - your node should be able to update even if all
its peers are listed as TOO NEW, as of a few builds ago.

Changes:
- More work on probe requests. We are trying to devise a new HTL/backtracking
algorithm which doesn't get caught down rabbit holes, but which doesn't go to
too many nodes either. Probe requests enable us to do this in a controlled
environment, as well as to study routing in general, without being a great
threat to security. This is the main reason for so many mandatory builds over
a short period of time.
- Back-door coalescing: When we get a key (when a block is written to the
datastore), we automatically pass it to all clients who were waiting for that
key. Even if we fetched it for another client, and even if it was fetched, or
inserted, by an external request. This should help when there are multiple
requests queued with many of the same blocks, amongst other cases. It's also
in preparation for ultra-lightweight passive requests.
- More preparation for failure tables and ultra-lightweight passive requests:
new failure mode/message Recently Failed, indicates that a request for a key
reached a node where a similar request had recently failed, and so the
request was killed, along with when it will be possible to send a request for
that key again. This isn't used yet, but it will be.
- Minor datastore fix (verify SSKs from the store), minor random number
generation fixes.
- Some work on unit tests from sback.