Sorry Matthew,

within an hour of restarting my node I got my first disconnect. I am
running 1188, and it seems all peers are running that same version.

I got several copies of this error message in my logs:

Dec 06, 2008 10:48:30:870 (freenet.node.PacketTracker, UdpSocketHandler
for port 37365(2), NORMAL): Asking me to resend packet 74030 which we
haven't sent yet or which they have already acked (next=74080)

would that be related?

Peter.