On Monday 04 February 2008 14:45:31 Ermanno Baschiera wrote:
> IMHO that's a problem of process priority. Anybody knows how to rise
> the priority of freenet? (or JVM, I don't know which one)
> (My CPU isn't too slow for Freenet. My monitoring tool says it's 25%
> busy average)

I'm not sure how you can do this automatically, but you can use renice to do
it manually:
$ renice <priority> -p <pid>

The new priority should be lower than the priority portage runs at (not sure
what this is), and the pid should be that of the java process that runs
Freenet.

Hope that helps, at least temporarily...

Nogaso