My node (version 0.5) is supposed to allow 90 concurrent open
connections. However, in the last week or so I've only seen 40 listed
connections in the Open Connections segment of node's control panel,
e.g.

Connections open (Inbound/Outbound/Limit)       40 (0/40/90)

The only thing that was changed in the last two weeks was an install
of Service Pack 3. Could this have affected the node in any way
regarding the number of connections? I did, however, re-apply the
"max. half open connection" patch after installing SP3.