Hi,

Just had the occasion to follow a beginner through the installation
process via Java Webstart, on Windows XP. Here is what I noticed :

- The installer is now signed with a Thawte certificate, which is
accepted by default. That's good !
- The two phase install confused the user. He thought the install was
finished after the first one and didn't understood the programm was
actually downloading freenet in the second one.
- He was again confused when the browser spawned up saying "Installation
successfull" and the installer was still donwloading stuff.
Additionnaly, that page was in English despite the fact he chose French
in the installer. I had to tell him he had to finish the installer and
then, click on the link to the first-time wizard.
- The wizard was quite straightforward and he choose default values,
which happened to be good for him, IMHO.
- Just a detail : every shortcuts (except Browse Freenet) in the menu
came with the same default icon. He was disapointed and I had to tell
him it was irrelevant and everything was fine.

Maybe we should only spawn the browser at the very end of the
installation process, when the installer closes and Freenet is up and
running. And maybe we should open directly to the wizard page, which is
i18n-ed.

Hope this is usefull...