On Wednesday 17 September 2008, Atilla Filiz wrote:
> These happened with FSO milestone 2 and 3
> Case 1:I turn on GPS, start gpsd and start Tango gps. Even if I read the
> NMEA stamps with "cat /dev/ttySAC1", TangoGPS still reports 0 satellites
> and gps tome of 1 Jan 1970
>
> Case 2:
> Turn on GPS, start gpsd, run "xgps 192.168.0.202", and xgps hangs
>
> Case 3:
> Turn on GPS, instead of running gpsd, shovel NMEA using "nc 192.168.0.200 <
> /dev/ttySAC1" and run gpsd on my PC, then xgps runs normally.
>
> So something is definitely wrong with gpsd on FR. Am I the only one with
> this?

The problem is that you're running gpsd on FSO! As part of the framework FSO
provides a gps daemon (ogpsd?) that uses the gypsy dbus interface. There's a
compatibility package that lets it output in gpsd format so that apps
expecting gpsd will also work - you should be able to find it with:
        opkg list |grep gps
If you run gpsd at the same time as the FSO daemon they will compete for the
serial port, probably breaking them both.