On 29 June 2011 20:53, AleixOF <alei...@tinet.cat> wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Jun 2011 17:59:09 +0200
> Joachim Ott <jo.o...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 23 June 2011 11:58, Timo Juhani Lindfors <timo.lindf...@iki.fi>
>> wrote:

>> > I get the same error with
>> >
>> > linux-image-2.6.34-openmoko-gta02       20101212.git049b71de-2
>> >
>> > in Debian. My guess is that the firmware does not let you change
>> > the MAC address.
>>
>> This feature is missing in the ar6000 driver. I thought it was there
>> already when I found WMI_SET_MAC_ADDRESS_CMDID in the source, but that
>> one is used for wake-on-wireless. It wouldn't be that hard to
>> implement, 2 new ioctls (set mac and reset mac) and another 6 bytes to
>> save the original mac address.
>
> thanks Timo and Joachim
> I find the ar6000 sorce in the openmoko repo. I've been looking it and
> I haven't understand. I want to find the variable where mac is
> stored. If I find it I could hard code it. It's a very nasty way but
> only for starting...

See the file drivers/ar6000/wmi/wmi_doc.h:

Name
    READY

Synopsis
    Indicates that the AR6000 device is prepared to accept commands.
It is sent once after
    power on or reset. It also indicates the MAC address of the device.

Event ID
    0x1001

Event Parameters
    UINT8    macAddr[6]
        Device MAC address
    UINT8    phyCapability
        A WMI_PHY_CAPABILITY value. Indicates the
        capabilities of the device wireless module's radio

You could try to change the ready function in wmi.c to use a mac
address of your own.