I have done some testing today with inbound NAT and carp
And round robin load balancing to test web servers.

I added the following and it seems to work fine on bsd.

Following presumptions
#########################
rl1= wan
192.168.2.2 = carp virtual ip

Below was the test.

###### Added a alias of two ip addresses

webservers = "{ 192.168.1.2/32 192.168.1.3/32 }"

##### added to following rdr rule

rdr on rl1 proto tcp from any to 192.168.2.2 port 80 -> $webservers port
80 round-robin sticky-address

##### added also the following pass rule

pass in quick on $wan proto tcp from any to { 192.168.1.2/32
192.168.1.3/32 } port = 80 flags S/SA keep state  queue (qWANdef,
qWANacks)  label "USER_RULE: NAT http test"