David and List,
I,too have not been able to do a harddrive install on my Dell Dimension XPS
R300 since V 0.63 or so.(Last version that the installer functioned properly)
That version had a bug with DHCP Client on the WAN Interface. I get Kernel
Page Faults about 50% of the install will all later LiveCDs. I don't have
specific errors, but I tried about 6 different Live CDs versions. I tried
Bios tweaks (NO sound, NO power Management, NO USB), different memory (Ran
Extensive memory tests),different HD,CDROM Drives, Use known good 3Com 3c905b
from my Monowall PC. As a New Version comes out and fails to install, I try
different things (place HD and CDROM Drive on the Same IDE Channel or delete
the Partition with DELPART), the list goes on and on. I tried the install on
a Toshiba 300mhz Celeron and I get ATA IDENTITY issues.

Someone will probably suggest install that earlier version ( I believe it was
0.63) and do a manual update from there, but the way this product is evolving
that idea probable will not work. I really like this firewall (been using
Monowall since pb27) but I just cannot get this SOB to install. The feature I
am waiting to see is DANSGUARDIAN WebFilter with Squid Transparent Proxy.

I can post the specific errors that I receive if need be (no time to do it
now)

Thanks for this great Product,

Bill