On 8/12/05, Chris Buechler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 8/12/05, Bill Marquette <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Let me guess, the hosts initiating the PING are running Windows?  I'm
> > pretty sure we've recently fixed this bug.  Care to try it?
> >

> With ipfilter 3.x (and hence m0n0wall) it doesn't matter if the hosts
> are Windows or not.  It isn't even as smart as PF's behavior prior to
> that latest patch.  Just doesn't work from multiple sources behind NAT
> no matter what.

Ahhh, didn't realize IPFilter still sucked that hard.  I've never used
it with NAT.  I thought it at least knew about the ICMPID though.

> But yes, should be completely fixed here.

:)  The patch for those that care (it's commited in OpenBSD now I think) is
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openbsd-pf&m=112316815028454&w=2
and see
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openbsd-pf&m=112299265510286&w=2
for an explanation of what the patch actually does.

The patch has been in since at least the hackathon, so all versions
newer than .74 should have this fixed.