> > > As a test, I tried to create a rule to send all VNC traffic over the
> > > OPT1 WAN interface, but it always used the default WAN interface.
> > >
> > > I must be missing something.  How can this be done when the second WAN
> > > interface has a static IP?
> >
> > Possibly, possibly not.    Check /tmp/rules.debug for the rule that
> > your adding and please post it here to see if the gateway portion is
> > being added correctly for the rule in question.
>
> # NAT Inbound Redircts
> rdr on xl2 proto tcp from any to  port 5900 -> 192.168.1.230 port 5900
> rdr on xl1 proto tcp from any to  port 5900 -> 192.168.1.230 port 5900
>
> # User-defined rules follow
> pass in quick on $WANII proto tcp from any to { 192.168.1.230 } port =
> 5900 keep state  label "USER_RULE: NAT Allow VNC to buzz via WAN2"

That's inbound.  The multi-wan code we're talking about is outbound.
By default inbound traffic to an IP will return out the
interface/gateway it came in on (as long as you have a gateway setup
in the interface config).  It's up to the user to get the inbound
traffic on the right link, via DNS, or IP, or whatever other trick.