ironsystems.com has great 1U half length P4 ~2.4GHz/256mb/80gb boxes
for like $800, have a ton of them at my workplace for DNS servers,
dhcp, etc etc. Dual fxp cards and room for an additional pci card,
dont know how fast the motherboard is in terms of keeping up with say
a 4 port 100mb card, but the price is right and the boxes are rock
solid, we run openbsd on all of them and have never had a problem, not
a minute of downtime in the year or so I've been there.

Kinda OT, but good info for someone possibly :)

-Ian