I use a squid 2.5.Stable10 ( install from freebsd 6.0-beta3 and ports/
make package ) + SquidGuard  ( install from freebsd 6.0-beta3 and
ports make package )  + DB3  ( install from freebsd 6.0-beta3 and
ports make package ) +  bigurlblacklist.

Work very well for  web filtering and I use a rule on pf for  block
default  traffic to port 80-83 and 8080-8083  and  force use a NCSA
authentication from squid.

and create a list of users from  allowed and  dennyed  types of sites
( Default )

Work fine.

I use the file editor from pfsense for include  or remove a clients
because htpasswd not  more include in pfsense install

If you can try this  I send  for  you my  squid .conf and squidGuard.conf

my 2 cents.

flames > /dev/null

[]'s

--