In my opinion

it goes to depend on the one that you desire to run in this Box

for a basic FW but

I run this in Pentium 120Mhz   64Mb RAM  540 HD    and  NIC prefer
run in  PCI NIC's
if  you  go use  AltQ traffic Shapper,  check  in man  if  your's
NIC is  listed on suported  devices for  AltQ.

man altq

SUPPORTED DEVICES
     The driver modifications described in altq(9) are required to use a cer-
     tain network card with ALTQ.  They have been applied to the following
     hardware drivers: an(4), ath(4), awi(4), bfe(4), bge(4), dc(4), de(4),
     ed(4), em(4), fxp(4), hme(4), lnc(4), rl(4), sf(4), sis(4), sk(4), vr(4),
     wi(4), and xl(4).

     The ndis(4) framework also has support for ALTQ and thus all encapsulated
     drivers.

     The tun(4) pseudo driver also does support ALTQ and includes the required
     modifications.

 if you desire to use one squid and other functions I recommend

PII   400 mhz, minimum 128Mb RAM  recommended 512MB Ram  and  10 Gb de
HD and all  NIC PCI  10 / 100  ( not a realtek like brand )

2005/10/5, Adrien Gundogan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hi,
>
> I already read a lot of things about m0n0wall and the Pfsense, but I'm
> not able to understand what's the minimal material needs to install a
> WIFI-LAN. I mean, I would like to mount a system whith which I need a
> WLAN and LAN connection. And I can't imagine that I don't need other
> material than :
>
> - mother board
> - cd reader
> - Floppy disk reader
> - Hard Disk
> - Ethernet card
>
> And for WLAN do I need a normal WLAN card or should I buy a specific card?
>
> The Newby that I am thanks you very much.

William David Armstrong
Bio Systems Security.
ICQ 10253747 MSN [EMAIL PROTECTED]