Dan Swartzendruber wrote:

I'm not sure what the data is. I was monitoring WAN with ntop, and I assumed it was my windows XP box. Maybe not? I don't see where ntop calls out what the data was. Here's the screenshot:

much/most of it appears to be ARP traffic. i guess it's harmless to block it? dunno what the rest of it is...

It's all ARP, which isn't touched by any firewall rules (though won't leave the local network, this is layer 2, only way it'll get passed is if you bridge interfaces). If it's legit, it gets answered. If not, it's ignored. Nothing to worry about.