alan walters wrote:

Just wondering if someone can give the low down on wheather it is possible to over come this problem.

Have a ipsec tunnel from remote location to lan of pfsense then using routing allow traffic out the wan interface of pfsense.

Client ----------Remote pfsense ------------------------Lan(pfsense vpn)wan------------- internetgateway --------internet

tunnel
when I  tracert to the internet I get

reply for remote pfsense

timeout

reply from internet gateway

and then the rest

I want to try and get rid of the timeout at the pfsense vpn.

Any great ideas or is it just not possble

from what I've seen, it's just not possible. This has always been an issue in m0n0wall too. One thing I'd try that I can't recall if I've tried or not is to add a static route on the remote side, as described here: http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/faq-snmpovervpn.html

be interested in hearing what you find out if you try it.