At 03:37 PM 10/26/2005, you wrote:
try putting manual bandwidth for WAN and LAN in the gui and see if that helps.

You mean under "Interfaces>WAN" and "Interfaces>LAN"?

yes.

OK, I set my WAN to 10mb and my LAN to 100mb. I then turned traffic shaper back on and did a speed test and no joy, same thing, can't get past 100k or so.

I will run the commands you suggested and reply soon.

I'm betting I know the results :) There is a bug (or something) where it seems like the BW setting in the GUI gets lost, so the shaper wizard can't find it and the 'altq' commands have no BW number in them. Waiting for the results...