Lists wrote:

uhhh broadcoms suck under FreeBSD also, well at least the GigE chipsets,

I would have agreed with anything prior to 6.0, but ever since upgrading my one PowerEdge 2550 with a bge gig card to 6.0, it's been rock solid. On 5.4, it wasn't too horribly bad, but it would drop off for anywhere betweeen a few seconds to a couple minutes a day (watchdog timeout and would come back up on its own). It's been a couple weeks with 0 issues, which never happened under 5.4, so I'm hopeful the problems are solved. *knock on wood*