Molle Bestefich wrote:
Too bad I'm a complete BSD-newbie.
What do I need to do?

This isn't something I have the time to work on right now, but I'll give you as many pointers as I can (which isn't much when it comes to kernel debugging) if you want to dig into it. Scott built this iso for debugging an issue on a Dell 2850 server, but it should work equally well for debugging on anything. Should just be a standard image with the debug tools.
http://www.pfsense.com/~sullrich/0/pfSense_Dell_2850.iso.gz

As far as how to go about doing this, I recommend:

http://www.lemis.com/grog/Papers/Debug-tutorial/

Once you get to the debug prompt, the main thing, I believe, is to run 'bt' and copy/paste that output back here to the list. You may or may not get much help here, since it's a FreeBSD issue it'll have to end up being a FreeBSD PR. It'd be nice if one of the devs here could at least help take a look at it, as it might be something simple that one of them could whip up a quick patch for, and submit the FreeBSD PR with a patch.