On 5/17/07, Tortise <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Bill

for me

rl1 = WAN and Direct connected only to the Cable modem i.e. no switch sharing.
rl2 = LAN and connected to LAN switches.

Can I presume that means you have checked and confirmed there are no similar
messages in your System Logs?

I no longer use this setup, my 5101 is sitting in my basement
collecting dust.  However, I would have noticed both the error _and_
the issue.  Other suggestions.

Check your netmask on both interfaces.  I know WAN will be DHCP, but
it's worth seeing what the ISP is sending you and confirming that it
makes sense.  Seeing as you are on a HUGE layer 2 broadcast domain,
it's entirely possible that there's some joker out there sending out
gratuitous arps - not sure offhand how to stop that in pfsense (I know
how to do it in the OS, but that won't help you here).  You can check
the arp tables on the firewall (at any time, but likely most useful
after it stops working) by doing an 'arp -an' from the command prompt.